I work in a hybrid fashion when I mix. I use hardware gear such as compressors and EQ’s, I also make use of my favorite plugins such as UAD, Soundtoys, FabFilter & Softube, to mention a few. I really enjoy working this way, and it gives me a nice workflow, and I get the best from both worlds. I will mix the music you have recorded here, or elsewhere. The internet is a wonderful thing! I can mix your music no matter where you reside. You can send me your files and I will work on it from my studio. Each day I’ll send my work back to you and await your input and make changes based on that. That way you will be along for the ride during the whole process.
Some of the gear and software I use when I mix and track:
- Mackie HR624 Mk2 monitoring
- UAD Apollo 8 Quad,
- UAD Satellite Quad (x2)
- Silver Bullet – DRBILL’SSTEREO TONE-AMP
- DBX 163 vintage compressor (x3)
- DBX 163X vintage compressor (x3)
- TL Audio 5051 Valve Processor
- ART Pro MPA II
- Softube Console 1 MKII
- Plugins from UAD, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Softube, Slate, Plugin Alliance to name a few.
Preparing your tracks for mixing
If you are sending me tracks to get them mixed there are a number of things you can do to prepare them. It will save me a lot of time and it will be more cost effective for you and ultimately will make the process much smoother for both parties.
- Do not send a DAW session file. WAV files only.
- Send only the tracks you want to be mixed.
- Please be sure to organize and clearly label your tracks. Make it simple, clean and logical. Each track needs to have a unique name that is descriptive of the sound on it and each song needs its own folder labeled with the song name.
- Every track should be consolidated from zero until the end of the session. This is to ensure everything lines up correctly once it has been imported. This is critical.
- Clean up your tracks / Pitch and time correction.
If possible do as much of this as you can before sending me your tracks. This means removing all unwanted noises between performance parts such as buzz, clicking, popping or other artifacts. Make sure to create fades and crossfades. I can do all this for you, but please understand that this is very time consuming and not really mixing. I will have to charge you for the time spent on editing.
- Please be certain that all mono tracks are sent as mono WAV files. Most files will be mono (guitar DIs, individual drum mics, vocal tracks, bass tracks). The only things that are usually stereo files are drum overheads\room mics, certain effects and synth tracks, and anything that was recorded with two mics.
- If possible include a rough MP3 mixdown of the session as a reference and feel free to include any songs from other bands that you want as a mix reference.
- Please send all files in the same sample rate\bit depth in which they were recorded (usually 44.1kHz\24 bit or 48kHz\24 bit).
Here you can record with your band or do overdubs on the music you already recorded elsewhere. I have a backline readily available for your use, should you choose not to bring your own gear. Drums, a variety of amps, cabinets, pedals, etc. I own a bunch of guitars, both vintage and new. We have everything covered in the backline department to make a great sounding pop, rock, hard rock, metal, project. Check out the gear list under “Studio”.
The studio is located inside a big old auditorium that is being rebuilt into this amazing place with a large stage, rehearsal spaces and a lounge area with a café. A really creative atmosphere. Studio Humbucker is made up of a control room and two tracking rooms. Within walking distance you’ll find restaurants, shops and easy access to subway stations.
Mackie HR624 Mk2
For reference listening: Old boom box, mono speaker and my trusty Volvo V70 car stereo.
UAD Apollo 8 Quad
UAD Apollo Twin Duo
UAD Satellite Quad (x2)
Silver Bullet – DRBILL’SSTEREO TONE-AMP
DBX 163 vintage compressor (x3)
DBX 163X vintage compressor (x3)
TL Audio 5051 Valve Processor
ART Pro MPA II
UAD, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Softube, Sonarworks Reference 4, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Izotope, Waves and many more.
Electro Voice 635A (x2)
Rode NT1A (x2) Modded with matched RK-47 capsules
AGK D190 (x2)
Shure SM57 (a bunch)
Audix ADX51 – Stereo pair
Audix D2 (x2)
More on request.
Marshall JMP 2203 Master Model Lead 100w – 1980
Marshall JCM 800 50w
Peavy Classic 30w Combo
Orange Micro Terror
Acoustic bass amp head – Vintage
Yamaha B100 bass amp – Vintage
Vintage Malmberg 4×12 loaded with 30w Greenbacks
2×12 cabinet loaded with 25w Greenbacks
Gibson Les Paul Standard (x3)
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Greco Les Paul Super Sound
Burny Les Paul
Person Les Paul
Fernandes Rickenbacker – bass
Dunlop Cry Baby
Magnetic Effects Boost & Overdrive (custom built)
Magnetic Effects Sändare
Magnetic Effects Vortex
Echo Analog Delay (Handbuilt by me)
Range Disaster Treble Booster (Handbuilt by me)
Tone Mender (Handbuilt by me)
Noob Screamer (Handbuilt by me)
The Brain Fog Phaser (Handbuilt by me)
Tiny Pedals The Central Scrutinizer
MXR Phase 90
MXR Micro Chorus
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
MXR Micro Amp
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808
Ibanez Analog Delay
BOSS TU-2 & TU-3
Tone City Golden Plexi
Tone City Fuxx Fuzz
Fulltone Fat Boost 3
Digitech The Drop
TC Electronic Pipeline Tap Tremolo
Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
Electro-Harmonix Bass Preacher Compressor
Toms 12″, 13″, 16″
Snare stand x 2
Straight stand x2
Boom stand x 2
TAMA S.L.P. Fat Spruce 14″ Snare
My name is Robert Pehrsson. I have been writing songs and playing music for 30 years in bands such as Dundertåget, Thunder Express, Death Breath, Imperial State Electric and for the last six years Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker.
I’ve been around long enough to have recorded a couple of albums in the all-analog domain to tape, and then experience the shift towards the digital recording environment. I was always interested in the craft of recording, engineering, mixing and producing, so much I decided to build my own studio, a hybrid between analog and computer-based recording and mixing.
I have also worked as an engineer and music teacher at a culture center for youths. There I recorded and mixed a variety of music every day for 12 years.
- 1996 – Deathwitch – Triumphant Devastation
- 1997 – Deathwitch – Dawn of Armageddon
- 1999 – Tomahawk – What to Do 7″
- 1999 – Tomahawk – Push 7″
- 2002 – Wrecks – Wrecks
- 2004 – Thunder Express – We Play for Pleasure
- 2006 – Death Breath – Death Breath
- 2006 – Death Breath – Stinking Up the Night
- 2007 – Thunder Express – Republic Disgrace
- 2007 – Death Breath – Let It Stink
- 2009 – Dundertåget – Skaffa ny frisyr
- 2010 – Dundertåget – Dom feta åren är förbi
- 2010 – Imperial State Electric – Imperial State Electric
- 2012 – Imperial State Electric – Pop War
- 2013 – Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker – S/T (Solo album)
- 2013 – Imperial State Electric – Reptile Brain Music
- 2014 – Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker – The Hollow Of A Rising Tone 7″
- 2015 – Imperial State Electric – Honk Machine
- 2016 – Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker – I Need To Know 7″
- 2016 – Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker – Long Way To The Light
- 2019 – Robert Pehrsson’s Humbucker – Out Of The Dark
- 2009 – Mary’s Kids – S/T
- 2010 – Necronaut – S/T
- 2011 – 77 – High Decibels
- 2011 – Slingblade – The Unpredicted Deeds of Molly Black
- 2012 – The Datsuns – Death Rattle Boogie
- 2012 – Bullet – Full Pull
- 2012 – Mary’s Kids – Say No!
- 2013 – Black Trip – Goin’ Under
- 2013 – Dead Lord – Goodbye Repentance
- 2013 – Dregen – S/T
- 2015 – Black Trip – Shadowline
- 2016 – Driving Rain – Hard Times
- 2016 – CC Company – The Pat Benetar cover single
- 2019 – Joseph Tholl – Devil’s Drum
- 2019 – Åskväder – S/T
- 2020 – Hilli & His Henchmen – Collage
- 2020 – Dead Lord – Surrender
- 2020 – The Rokets – Fast Times
- 2020 – Grande Royale – TBA
What the clients say
Request a quote or ask a question
Drop me a line for a prompt reply. Feel free to describe your project. For example, genre, previous releases, budget and deadline, this will make it a lot easier for me to give you a quote.
I usually charge on a per-day basis for recording and on a per-song basis for mixing. I can also charge by the project, please let me know what you have in mind. Each service scaled to suit each project as appropriate.
Location: Stockholm. I will give you the address after establishing contact.
The website is in English because I do a lot of remote mixing. Feel free to write to me in Swedish though.